Fall Featured Artist
Deadline: August 25
Exhibition: October 2 – 26, 2013
Opening Reception: October 4
Artists have a rich tradition of incorporating nature into their work. The Kiernan Gallery pleased to announce its non-photographic call for portfolio submissions to select a featured artist. The Gallery seeks works in 2D media. Photography is not eligible. Whether in bloom or decay, edible or admirable, mammoth or miniscule, all interpretations of flora are welcome. The selected work will be shown in conjunction with our upcoming photography show Botanicals.
Right hand wall
Left hand wall
View into the main room and right-hand wall.
That artist will have their work occupy the entirety of a room in the Main Gallery. The featured artist will receive:
- A one-month solo show.
- A feature on The Kiernan Gallery’s blog and website.
- An electronic show card designed and distributed by The Kiernan Gallery.
- Submit a body of 8-10 pieces
- Submit a written statement about the work (no more than a page).
- Artists should be prepared to ship or deliver their work (ready to hang) to the gallery if selected.
We cannot guarantee an entire body of work will fit into the exhibition space. In such cases, Director and artist will collaborate to decide which pieces will be displayed.