Winter Featured Artist
Deadline: November 22
Exhibition: January 2 – 26, 2013
Opening Reception: January 4
If all photographers are storytellers, then documentary photographers are novelists. Each image is a sentence in a broader narrative the photographer has chosen to tell. Since documentary projects are difficult to distill into a single photograph, The Kiernan Gallery seeks an entire documentary series for exhibition in one room of the gallery. The selected documentary work will be shown in conjunction with our upcoming show Encore: A Look at Music, though it need not be thematically related.
This year’s first annual Portfolio Showcase was a great success. To continue the gallery’s mission of promoting the work of emerging photographers, The Kiernan Gallery will hold its first tri-annual call for portfolio submissions to select a featured artist. The featured artist will be chosen by Owner/Director Kat Kiernan. That artist will have their work occupy the entirety of a room in the Main Gallery.
View into the main room and right hand wall
Left hand wall
Right hand wall
The featured artist will receive:
- A one-month show of approximately 10 images.
- A feature on The Kiernan Gallery’s blog and website.
- An electronic show card designed and distributed by The Kiernan Gallery.
- Submit a body of 8-10 images.
- Submit a written statement about the work (no more than a page).
- Artists should be prepared to ship or deliver their printed and framed work to the gallery if selected. We offer these services as well.
We cannot guarantee an entire body of work will fit into the exhibition space. In such cases, the Director and artist will collaborate to decide which pieces will be displayed.
For more information and to see submission guidelines visit: www.kiernangallery.com